Tuesday, August 13, 2013

SUPER MANI



For years now I have been testing all kinds of nail products. Aside from nail stickers, manicures never last me more than two or three days. The problem with the stickers is that they can cause my nail to eventually peel over time even if I use a base coat with them. While I still recommend the stickers as a quick fix I have finally found my new nail love, GELISH!

According to Nail Harmony's site "The gels come in an array of colors, apply like polish, with twist cap and applicator, but are cured in a LED lamp in 30 seconds or in two minutes in traditional UV lamps, just like gels. Gelish stays on nails for three weeks with no chipping or peeling, and soak completely off in only 15 minutes."

Gelish was brought to my attention by a PR agency called Red PR. They know that I don't time to waste, which is why I was willing to come in for a demonstration (as seen on instagram above). The nails turned out lovely and I constantly received compliments wherever I'd go.

I was nervous about what my nail would look like when the gel came off, but just as promised the Gelish did not damage my nail. Just to give it a second try I went to Fix in NYC to get the manicure removed and reapplied. The manicure was just as beautiful as the first one. It also endured painting furniture and window molding.



I've tried Gel Manicures by all of the other companies so why do I LOVE Gelish more?


1. It's not thick.
Many of the other gel companies out there make your mani look like an acryclic job versus a nice paint job. Thick nails might be your esthetic, but not mine.

2. They have over 128 colors!!!
The other brands leave a lot to be desired in the color and finish department. Not enough colors or textures, which is a major reason I never got hooked into doing gel manicures after they were first introduced.

3. Curing time is only 30 seconds each step.
This is a BIG reason for me to use Gelish. Other companies can take 90+ seconds to cure between steps. Gelish cuts that time down significantly with sacrificing duration or quality.

4. My nails are in great shape after the treatment.
After my first gel treatment with other companies my nails were softer and in bad shape. There was no way I would be able to maintain the gel manicure lifestyle. I could never figure out if it was because of the actual gel or the removal process.

5. The gel really does crumble off.
The gel really did lift from the nail without effort. I like that my nails were even in better shape than before. In the past other gel procedures took forever to release from the nail....if at all.

6. Can be done at home.
Now that I've learned how to do my own expert Gelish manicure I feel like I can do my own at home proficiently. This is much more convenient and cost effective in the end if I plan on doing it for a while.

To locate a salon that does Gelish near you click on the salon locator HERE.






No comments: