Saturday, April 24, 2010

GET GLOWING!


Almost every day or at least every other day I get emails about acne problems! It's always refreshing to get a question about makeup from time to time.
I actually had an old friend email me today and ask me:

"I'm going to be in a wedding next month and I am planning to do my own makeup, normally I wear next to nothing, eye liner, mascara, & lip gloss. Any suggestions on how to spiffy up my look keeping it natural, without looking too overdone?"

It's really great to play around with makeup. The last thing you really want to do is try something because it's in style! You want to feel comfortable at special events and it's really about making yourself look as good as possible! The runway looks are for inspiration and to follow if you have the right look and attitude for it.

In this particular case I felt that my friend really needed to make a statement without being obvious. I used to love Benefit's High Beam liquid shimmer tapped onto the top of the cheekbone and into the lid and browbone area. It gives the face a bit of highlight, dewiness, and glow without looking like you tried too hard. The look can also be quite youthful.

High Beam has been out for a while so I wasn't sure if Benefit still carried it, but I'm glad to see an old goodie is still out there! This color by the way is good for light to medium skin tones. You can find fantastic highlighter sticks by NARS for medium to dark skin tones to complete your look as well!

So don't wait, Get Glowing!

4 comments:

Ameena said...

I used to use this years ago - along with one called magic By prescriptives. Glad to know it's still out there! I should get some.

On the Glam said...

Using a peachy or brighter-than-normal cream blush on the apples of the cheeks also does wonders for perking up a complexion. Personally I LOVE Ramy Beauty Therapy's Papa Don't Peach...

That and some super-thickening DiorShow mascara in Onyx

http://ontheglam.com

Natural Rosacea Treatment said...

Hi, Your blog content is very informative...looking forward for same kind of stuffs...
here is a few Tips to cure rosacea naturally

Cathy of Top Beauty Secrets said...

Nice posted article. I might share this to my friends. Keep posting!