Sunday, January 10, 2010

BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!








In the past when it came to skincare many women felt the higher the cost of their cream, the better the performance. Thanks to a sea of blogs and forums on the web consumers are a little savvier to the claims that beauty companies make.

Despite all of the knowledge circulating across the internet we still feel a duty to test products that are constantly being launched out there because a lot of confusion still remains. What's great to know is we will NEVER be bought or swayed even when a friend approaches us like author and stylist extraordinaire Michele Weston.

I had the great fortune of meeting Michele in a past life when she booked me to model on the Oprah show as well as for Mode Magazine where she was the fashion editor. It was then I knew this woman had taste. LOL! Anyway as you can see we have a bit of fun history together. For a while Michele and I lost touch, but thanks to Facebook we found each other all over again. She quickly discovered I was reviewing products and referred a line called Underology TM by Connie Elder.

I contacted Connie and told her to send her top two products to me. She included a few more items she thought I should review as well. Over the last month I did not tell clients that I was testing a new product. They stopped asking anyway because they know we are always testing products around here. When I applied the Underology products I heard a unanimous "that feels nice!" and " What is that?!".

What I like about this line is that you are getting high quality products at about $100 dollars or less. I feel that this line is competitive and even out performs some of the more expensive lines.

Our favorites were:

The Resveratrol-Peptide Firming and Line Formula because the next day you looked like you might have stepped back in time a bit. The skin also felt a bit firmer.

The Hydro Xtreme Cream I think is going to be a big seller. It really brought the moisture back to the skin and doesn't clog pores like a lot of moisturizing creams do.

Another big winner from the line was the Hydro 1000 Moisturizer (100% Hyaluronic Serum). The difference between this Hyaluronic Acid and some of the others on the market is its purity. In addition it doesn't leave that residue you get with a lot of the other Hyaluronic Acids on the market! That is the one thing that women always come to me and complain about. They love Hyaluronic Acid but hate the "rollies."

I feel like anything you use from this line is great and you know you're getting quality products at a VERY reasonable price.
Good job on this find Michele!

Connie has just informed me she has a formula that is great in this severe cold weather as well as for skiers.
Happens that we have a LOT of skiers around here so we will let you know how that formula tests with us.

Are there some products out there you would love for us to test? Are you up for the Beauty 212 challenge?

Thanks again for visiting and Happy New Year too!

Mary Schook

No comments: