Saturday, July 24, 2010

SMART GLOW



Ah gone are the days of baby oil and iodine. Boy did I love to tan. But now we've left one extreme for another. We're in a pasty era of beauty now that is getting us sick in so many ways. Once again the public seems to be misguided about the sun and products we are recommended to wear. Because of this misdirection our country has become depleted of Vitamin D. One of the major things Vitamin D does for us is help protect our immune system. That's why when people with acne go into the sun they start to clear up because their body is able to fight off the bacteria that is invading their bodies.

There is a unique line of products that help us work with the sun and absorb the Vitamin D we really need. It's a line that works from the inside out and even helps to produce a richer, safer tan. The brand is called Oxelio. They had started to invade the tradeshow circuit a couple of years ago, but then my friend Mary Winkenwerder suggested I really give it a whirl.

The line is actually quite brilliant. The gel topically neutralizes the sun with antioxidants leaving less of a risk of age spots or skin cancer.

Internally the capsules add a healthy dose of beta carotene, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and minerals. Even if you don't go into the sun this is a great supplement to have in your beauty arsenal.

For a person such as myself that works in the office 24/7 the capsules took a few weeks to see anything. What it did for me is take some of the blue out of my skin and make me look a little less pasty. Now I really feel the need to go on a vacation somewhere and get a real tan! At least I know I now have the right tools to do it safely!

No comments: