Friday, February 15, 2008

5-STAR LIPGLOSS! *****




For YEARS I have been searching for a gloss that was not only good for my cover shoots, but one I could personally wear and not throw into a drawer after a week.

It had to have good pigment, but not look like a lipstick. I hated the stickiness of MAC's Lipglass, but loved the effect. In the end half of the glosses I ever wore would end up in my hair anyway.

During my last trip to the drugstore the new packaging and wand tip from L'oreal's new Infallible Lipgloss caught my gaze. They claimed 6 hour wear. I loved the colors and finishes I saw, but was hesitant to buy this $12 gloss. The thought of wasting money on another dry, long-wearing lip product just sat wrong with me.

I decided to go for the safe mauve color called "Undeniable Mauve" #515. The minute I got to a mirror I applied it to my dry lips and was instantly moisturized. It wasn't sticky when I pursed my lips. The color was just perfect for my complexion. Then EVERYONE else commented on how much fresher and brighter I looked. I sure wish I had found this before my last appearance on BRAVO!

Does it last the 6 hours? I'm not the best judge of that, but for a gloss or even a lipstick it definitely has some staying-power.

Not since the Hydra-Perfect Foundation have I been this excited about a L'oreal product.

Great job there L'oreal!

No comments: